Flame-Retardant Polyurethane Foam
FR-3700 is a CFC-free, rigid, closed-cell, flame-retardant polyurethane foam available in densities ranging from 3 to 40 pounds per cubic foot. It exhibits a high strength-to-weight ratio due to its cellular structure and cross-linked resin. Because of its closed-cell structure, LAST-A-FOAM® FR-3700 has great resistance to water absorption, and will not swell, crack, or split on exposure to water. This series is non-abrasive and can be machined with standard high-speed steel (HSS) cutting tools. It can also be cut cleanly with water jets and traditional wood-carving tools. This flame-retardant polyurethane foam particularly supports the following industries.
FR-3700 meets the requirements of aircraft BMS 8:133. This rigid, polyurethane foam is comparable to the FR-6700 in strength, temperature resistance and flammability performance. However, the FR-3700 is tougher (less friable) for cutting crisper edges.
High-density rigid polyurethane FR-3700 foam is used to simulate human bone as a test medium within the medical device industry.
Use LAST-A-FOAM® 3700 Performance Core Series for constructing durable, weatherproof radomes. Impervious to moisture and transparent to radio signals, they protect marine, aerospace and recreational microwave antennas. Their high Tg suits prepregs that cure at higher temperatures. Or, let our Production Services team fabricate completed radomes using fiberglass prepregs from your specs.
- Stable and inert
- Flame retardant
- High strength-to-weight ratio from cross-linked resin
- Resistant to most chemicals and solvents
- Easily shaped with common woodworking tools
- Performs well as wood replacement
- Will not support fungal growth
- Models and design prototypes
- Composite core, especially where flame retardation is important
- Honeycomb edge closeout for aircraft interior sandwich panels used in overhead storage bins, passenger cabin class dividers, galleys and lavatories
- Radioactive materials (RAM) transportation packages
- Impact- and fire-insulation liner for hazardous waste containers
- Vacuum form dies and mold patterns
- Artificial human bone test media
- Core material for composite prostheses
- Load bearing